Results for: rewarded
1. Something given or received in recompense for worthy behavior or in retribution for evil acts.
2. Money offered or given for some special service, such as the return of a lost article or the capture of a criminal.
3. A satisfying return or result; profit.
4. Psychology The return for performance of a desired behavior; positive reinforcement.
1. To give a reward to or for.
2. To satisfy or gratify; recompense.
[Middle English, from Anglo-Norman, from rewarder, to take notice of : re-, intensive pref. (from Latin; see re- + warder, to guard, watch over of Germanic origin; see wer-3 in Indo-European roots).]
re·warda·ble adj. re·warder n.