Results for: nature
1. the fundamental qualities of a person or thing; identity or essential character
2. (often capital, esp when personified) the whole system of the existence, arrangement, forces, and events of all physical life that are not controlled by man
3. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Biology) all natural phenomena and plant and animal life, as distinct from man and his creations
4. a wild primitive state untouched by man or civilization
5. natural unspoilt scenery or countryside
6. disposition or temperament
7. tendencies, desires, or instincts governing behaviour
8. the normal biological needs or urges of the body
9. sort; kind; character
10. the real appearance of a person or thing a painting very true to nature
11. accepted standards of basic morality or behaviour
12. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Biology) Biology the complement of genetic material that partly determines the structure of an organism; genotype Compare nurture 
13. Irish sympathy and fondness for ones own people or native place she is full of nature
against nature unnatural or immoral
by nature essentially or innately
call of nature Informal, euphemistic or humorous the need to urinate or defecate
from nature using natural models in drawing, painting, etc.
in (or of) the nature of essentially the same as; by way of
[via Old French from Latin nātūra, from nātus, past participle of nascī to be born]
nature /netr/ n. 1 [U] the part of our world not made by humans, such as the sky, trees, fields, streams, plants, animals, etc. 2 [U] the forces that control this part of the world: Hurricanes and earthquakes show the destructive power of nature. 3 [C;U] a persons character, personality: It is his nature to be kind and forgiving. 4 [C, usu. sing.] type, kind: The discussion was of a personal nature. 5 Mother Nature: the forces that control the natural environment: We had bad weather this year; Mother Nature has not been kind to us. 6 second nature: a habit, s.t. done without thinking: Driving (a car) has become second nature to her.
Thesaurus: nature 1 the natural environment, earth, outside world | creation 2 natural forces, the forces of Mother Nature 3 ones disposition, makeup, temperament 4 sort, type.