Results for: foliate
|fo·li·ate (fl-t, -t)|adj.
1. Of or relating to leaves.
2. Shaped like a leaf.
3. Geology Foliated.
v. (-t) fo·li·at·ed
1. To hammer or cut (metal) into thin leaf or foil.
a. To coat (glass, for example) with metal foil.
b. To furnish or adorn with metal foil.
3. To separate into thin layers or laminae.
4. To decorate with foliage or foils: an arch that is foliated in the Gothic style.
5. To number the leaves of (a manuscript, for example).
1. To produce foliage.
2. To split into thin leaflike layers or folia.
, bearing foliage
, from folium
; see folium