Results for: agent
1. a person who acts on behalf of another person, group, business, government, etc.; representative
2. a person or thing that acts or has the power to act
3. a phenomenon, substance, or organism that exerts some force or effect a chemical agent
4. the means by which something occurs or is achieved; instrument wind is an agent of plant pollination
5. (Business / Commerce) a person representing a business concern, esp a travelling salesman
6. (Business / Professions) Brit short for estate agent
7. (Military) short for secret agent
[from Latin agent-, noun use of the present participle of agere to do]
agential [eɪˈdʒɛnʃəl] adj
agent /ednt/ n. 1 a person who does business for others, representative: A travel agent makes airline and hotel reservations.||She is a literary agent who represents authors. 2 a spy or special government employee: He is an FBI agent. 3 a person or thing that causes an effect: People use chemical agents to clean things.
Thesaurus: agent 1 a negotiator, intermediary 3 a force/power (an agent of change).